Why is European Flooring Popular in Ontario?
European flooring has been known to be one of the better alternatives to the ones manufactured from different areas in the US. Even though they would cost a bit more than the ones produced in the US, there has been an increasing demand for European flooring panels within the province of Ontario. Before, people were only interested in purchasing European hardwood flooring. However, as time passed, people have been ordering different types of European flooring panels. From European plywood to European vinyl, buyers from Ontario have come into a realization that the flooring panels manufactured from Europe seem to have better quality while having their own unique colors and shades.
Related article: 5 Must Know Factors to Consider Before Choosing Flooring Supplier in Ontario
The Characteristics of European-made Flooring Panels
Using the raw materials from Europe, the flooring panels produced have been known to exude better qualities than those that have been produced from other countries. Just like in most things, any product that has been manufactured in Europe is bound to last longer while at the same time maintaining a high value. Just like other countries, European flooring manufacturers have developed flooring panels that would best maximize the European raw materials. The following list contains information on the common European-made flooring panels:
European wood flooring
- This type of flooring makes use of the different trees that have been harvested from different forests in Europe.
- Wood flooring panels from Europe boast of their excellent quality due to the fact that the trees have been exposed to different climate changes happening in Europe.
- European wooden flooring panels are also denser and stronger.
- Manufacturers in Europe carefully time the growth of the trees before they start harvesting those trees.
- It is always possible and recommended that you add some protective coating on the flooring panel.
- Adding stains to the flooring panels will improve the aesthetics
- European wood flooring has two common types:
- European hardwood flooring
Just like any other hardwood flooring materials, this also comes from a deciduous tree. European hardwood flooring is famous for its excellent strength and durability. This type of flooring is known to be one of the most expensive flooring panels. This is also made into different forms of hardwood flooring such as:
o Solid unfinished hardwood flooring is made from using only solid wood that comes from the hardwood. The flooring panel is shaped directly from the block of hardwood. The flooring panels will not go through further processes and will then be sold as is.
o Solid prefinished hardwood flooring, on the other hand, follows the unfinished hardwood step where the panels are formed directly from the solid block of wood. The difference between the two forms is that this form undergoes the processes of sanding and protective coating.
o Engineered hardwood is made by binding together multiple plies of wood veneer. The topmost veneer is made from solid hardwood while the other veneers can be made from softwood. This form of hardwood flooring will also undergo a process of sanding and sealing with multiple layers of protective coating.
- European plywood flooring
This is known to be a cheaper alternative to any of the different kinds of European hardwood flooring. This is made by binding different plies of wood veneer using very strong glue. The glue is one of the most important components for plywood as it determines its effectiveness against water and moisture. One of the most popular European plywood is the European Poplar. Compared to the different versions of the Poplar that come from other countries, the European Poplar can bend into different shapes without having the veneers breaking, which makes it a very good product flexible flooring material.
European vinyl flooring
- Made by combining various compounds with polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- The main difference it has with other vinyl flooring from other countries is that the PVC components in Europe have to follow strict guidelines from the European Chemistry Regulations (REACH).
- A wear layer is added between the design layer and the protective finishing, ensuring the design will not easily fade.
European laminate flooring
- Made by laminating various layers of synthetic materials.
- European laminate flooring has a wear class that is in accordance with the European Standard EN 13329.
- This type of European flooring is known to have a high durability against scratches.
- The laminate flooring tiles are easy to install and maintain.
Related article: What is the Cost of Refinishing Your Flooring?
Why is European Flooring Popular in Ontario?
The use of European flooring has just gained traction within the province of Ontario. Even with a massive supply of flooring options that came from the US and China, many people from Ontario have still opted to go with the different type of European flooring. Though authentic flooring panels and tiles from Europe are known to be a bit more expensive, this has not stopped people from purchasing them. With high demand and a lower level of supply, many Canadians have decided to wait for more stocks to arrive than choose to buy the cheaper alternatives. Seeing that people are willing to wait for stocks to replenish, you should look at the reasons why people from Ontario would rather purchase European flooring materials. For your reference about the reasons for the popularity of European flooring in Ontario, you can refer to the following list:
- Authentic flooring from Europe is known to have higher levels of strength and durability.
- This goes especially with the European hardwood flooring. Having grown from the deciduous trees in the forests of Europe, the environment has helped in enhancing the durability and strength of the solid hardwood material.
- European flooring has a modern and contemporary look when compared to other types of flooring materials.
- The unique grain on European hardwood has enticed more people to use it.
Resistance from external force
- European flooring is known to have excellent resistance against moisture.
- By following their respective European standards, the different types of European flooring have been developed to respond well against any form of pressure.
- With Ontario being one of the areas that experience both winter and summer, being able to use authentic European hardwood flooring would mean that the flooring panels will be less likely to expand or shrink when subjected to either hot air or cold air.
Hardness of European hardwood
- Hardness of wood can be determined by running the Janka hardness test. This test involves embedding a steel ball halfway onto a block of wood.
- European hardwood like French oak has a relatively higher Janka rating compared to many of the hardwood flooring panels.
- Even though European flooring is known for costing more than its American counterpart, the overall quality of European-based products is also relatively higher than the American ones.
- French oak hardwood flooring is a good example of an investment that would become more useful as time passes.
- By using authentic European hardwood flooring, the value of your house will surely increase.
- The natural look of wood together with its very fine grain will be able to exude a feeling of warmth that will really catch the attention of any visitor.
Related article: Installing vs Refinishing Hardwood Floors: Comparing the Cost
Going with European Flooring Will Give Your Property Both Beauty and Value
The option of choosing a type of flooring material is certainly a crucial decision that a person has to make. Based on the characteristics and benefits of European flooring, being able to use authentic materials will greatly enhance the beauty of your house. With this type of flooring, you are assured that it would take longer before your flooring needs to undergo maintenance.
Always remember that when it comes to the installation of European flooring, you must contact a reputable flooring supplier or installer to do the job. A reputable supplier will be able to sell authentic European flooring products to you. Make sure that whatever price the supplier discusses with you, try to do further research on it so that you will prevent a situation wherein you buy fake items and they would get damaged in the near future.
You should also take advantage and ask questions in relation to your needs and the job that needs to be done. Any type of flooring can be installed by any person, but to do it properly, it must be done by professionals. These professionals are equipped with the knowledge and tools to finish the installation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must make sure that the flooring material you choose will keep you satisfied. Seeing that European flooring panels are costly, it is never wise to waste any of the materials. Having the chance to have a team of experts do the job for you is a good investment. However, you should keep in mind that this added cost will become fruitful in the long run.
If you are currently looking for a reputable supplier, you can contact Three Trees Flooring at (416) 665-2624. We are always prepared to offer any kind of support to any of your flooring needs.